- 1 x Aluminium Laserpod Projector Lamp Unit
- 1 x Electroplated Tall Domed Diffuser
- 1 x Electroplated Small Domed Diffuser
- 1 x Crystal (set into base unit)
- 1 x Ridged Glass Refractor Lens
- 1 x DC Adaptor
- 1 X Battery Compartment (3AA Batteries not included)
- 1 x Laserpod Book of Light
- 1 x Warnings + Instructions Leaflet
Laserpod is portable and can function for upto 8 hours on three Alkaline AA batteries or will run directly from the included AC Adaptor. The base unit (without diffusers) is about 5 inches tall and 4 inches in diameter.
- Author: Gadget Mania
- Filed under: Gadgets, News
- Date: Dec 22,2007
Liquids are fun outside your body (like swimming in a lake or pre-set grape gelatin) and they are fun inside your body (like Bawls, Jolt, and the occasional Zima – just kidding). But really, the big problem comes when deciding how to make fun liquid get from outside your body to inside your body. Our favorite method is drinking. And when we drink, we like using straws. But sometimes a straight straw is boring. So we combined a few chemicals in a test tube and DIY Drinking Strawz were born.
Composed of 36 dishwasher safe components, DIY Drinking Strawz guarantee that liquids get into your body exactly how you want them to. Want to mix drinks? Well, then build your straw to dip into two (or more) cups. Want to share? Then build an extra drinking branch. Want to mix drinks AND share? You can do that too!!! Amazing, ain’t it? And hey, if you want to go nuts and really suck, you can buy more than one set and make a mondo-gigantic straw. You could be the Suck-Meister. Includes 44 dishwasher safe pieces: 20 flexible rubber connectors and 16 translucent straw pieces (12 – 5″ strawz and 12 – 2.875″ strawz).
Is Wonderbeings a word? We are gonna say ‘sure, why not?’ If you disagree, please politely put your complaint into the nearest bit bucket. Now then, back to the Wonderbeings that are Cube World digital stick-people.
What is Cube World?
Well, to explain it using the manufacturer’s slogan, Cube World is simply, ‘Stick People Sticking Together’. That’s not a bad first pass, but we are going to go one better and give you the inside scoop on just how interesting Cube World really is. Forget about Tamagotchis, these things are function before cute. But cute is present, trust us. Cube World is a complex community of digital people who live in boxes. They each have their own behavior set. The boxes they live in have magnetic contacts on four sides (conduits we might say) so that they might connect with other Cube World folks. When connected Cube World folks interact with one another in amazing ways. It’s that simple. And complex. And therein lies the fundamental pleasure with Cube World.
They have free will!
You can use the included motion sensors to shake ’em up a bit or even use the buttons to play games with each individual Cube World figure. But that’s not the fun part. The real fun is getting Cube World folks to interact by simply connecting one cube to another. When connected, you might find that one guy wants to move into the next cube for a while. What will he do? It all depends! They will start to interact most definitely. They are social creatures and will want to interact with one another and you’ll get to watch as they explore different ways to connect. Whip might try to wrangle Scoop’s dog to his Cube, and Dodger might toss his ball to Slim between Cubes. Nobody knows exactly what’s gonna happen when. And whenever you think you really know what’s going on, just move one cube to a different position, reconnect and you’ll be amazed yet again. Endless hours of happiness are bound to ensue.
Choose between SIX different sets:
- Dodger/Whip – Dodger(red) has a ball. Whip(yellow) has a rope.
- Slim/Scoop – Slim(purple) has a stick. Scoop(orange) has a dog.
- Handy/Dusty – Handy(blue) is a handyman. Dusty(yellow) has a spraycan.
- Mic/Hans – Mic(purpleyish) is a musician. Hans(blue-green) is a bodybuilder (ja!).
- Chief/Sparky – Chief(transparent blue) is a policeman. Sparky(transparent red) is a firefighter.
- Toner/Dash – Toner(smoke) is an office worker. Dash(transparent green) works in the mail room.
New Cube World Playsets!
- Block Party – Invite all your Cube World citizens to party hearty!
- Global Getaway – Life is hard for the Cubies, give them a chance to relax!
Batteries are included. This is your chance. Rule your own Cube World and bring balance to the natural world.
A survival tool for creating a tool of survival
Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, Swedish FireSteel is a flash of genius. Its nearly 3,000°C spark makes fire building easy in any weather, at any altitude. Used by a number of armies around the world, Swedish FireSteel’s dependability has already made it a favorite of survival experts, hunters, fishermen and campers. It has also found its way into cabins and backyards as a fool-proof way to light stoves and gas-barbecues. Amazingly enough it also works equally well when wet. We think geeks will appreciate the power of being able to start a fire with such a simple tool.A metal blade is slowly moved across the Firesteel, generating sparks that can easily be thrown onto a small pile of dry grass, leaves or paper to start a fire. When the fire is becoming established, thin sticks of wood can be added, gradually increasing to thicker ones.
The Swedish FireSteel has these great features.
- Lights campfires, stoves, gas-barbecues
- Uses a magnesium alloy that consists of 7 metals
- Lasts for approximately 12,000 strikes
- Produces a spark temperature close to 3,000°C (5,500°F)
- Bright spark – can be used as emergency signal
- Functions in rain and snow
- Dimensions: main component is approx. 3.75″ long
- Weight: approx. 1.9 ounces
- Also available: MayaDust – a fire starting material made from Pino de Ocote, a fatwood pine cultivated in the highlands of Guatemala and Mexico. With an 80% resin content, MayaDust is easy to light even when wet and produces an extremely hot flame.