Static Electricity Eliminator

Electrons Be Gone!

As you travel throughout your day, electrons are shifting all over your body. Sometimes, like when you pull your sweater off or slide out of your car, an excess of electrons attach themselves to your body (you are actually tearing them off of the other substance). When you next touch a piece of positively charged material (your car door, your computer, or perhaps a coworker), the electrons rush from you to the positive charge. The result: a static shock. Static shocks are fun, but only if you are zapping others. They can be painful and also quite destructive; once a static charge fries your laptop, you’ll know what we mean.

So we offer a very easy way to help painlessly get rid of unwanted electrons. Attach the Static Electricity Eliminator (SEE, for short) to your keyring, and you’ll always have it with you. If you think you are “charged,” simply hold the SEE and touch the rubber tip to a grounded object (a metal desk leg, your car door, a metal peg leg, etc). You will see a little face flash on the SEE’s screen, and you’ll know you are static free. It’s that simple. And with no batteries to worry about (because you are providing the electricity), you’ll be able to use your SEE for years to come. So shout with us, “I defy thee, oh daemon of static!” Come on, we said SHOUT!

Static Electricity Eliminator

Dimensions: approx. 2.2″ long

Price: $9.99 Buy here: ThinkGeek.com



3 Responses for "Static Electricity Eliminator"

  1. Horatio February 10th, 2008 at 1:03 pm

    I will buy one because I`m “charged” 🙂

  2. Max February 10th, 2008 at 7:33 pm

    I will discharge my static electricity by a simple way: I will “ground myself”
    I think everybody feel the pain of “static electric shocks” in the fall when it is drain air and cold outside and wearing clothes with nylon. You drive the car and stop and want to get out from the car. Then you get out and then close the door … and … WOW … what was that … it was an electro-shock. Not danger but unpleasant.
    The simple way to avoid that is to put your hand on the door (on the metal part) and then you step out your foot (with the hand on the door) so your static electricity will flow to the ground progressively. No pain you will feel.
    The other way is to buy the above device.
    Nice post 🙂

  3. Jack March 21st, 2008 at 8:19 pm

    Peter,

    I prefer the portable one.


Leave a comment


Game of Thrones


Categories

Blogroll

Meta


Free Shipping

Archives