Ideal for USB3.0, eSATA, DisplayPort and other High Speed Applications in Digital Consumer Electronics and PCs
California Micro Devices announced the PicoGuard CM1227, an ultra low capacitance electrostatic discharge (ESD) device for the latest digital consumer and computer applications. The CM1227 provides four channels of +/-15kV of contact ESD protection, exceeding IEC61000-4-2 level 4 standards.
Today’s latest digital consumer and computing applications such as digital TVs, set top boxes, PCs and PC peripherals are increasingly adopting advanced high speed serial interfaces such as USB3.0, MIPI(R), eSATA, DisplayPort and FireWire.
These low voltage signaling interfaces require very fast rise and fall times not normally achievable with ESD protection devices installed on the signal line because of capacitive loading. The CM1227, with an industry leading low capacitance level of 0.35pF, delivers both robust ESD protection and excellent signal integrity.
Based on CMD’s PicoGuard line of ESD protection products, the CM1227 combines industry leading performance with significant space and cost savings to deliver enhanced customer value for today’s most advanced digital consumer and PC designs.
– Ultra low channel input capacitance (0.35pF)
– ESD protection for Transition Minimized Differential Signaling Channels
– Four channels of industry leading 15 kV contact discharge ESD protection per IEC61000-4-2 Level 4
– Channel input capacitance matching of 0.02pF (typ), ideal for differential signals
– Minimal capacitance change over operating voltage range
– Each I/O pin can withstand over 1000 ESD strikes
– Available in RoHS compliant (lead free) packaging
Packaging, Pricing and Availability
The CM1227 is available in a 10 pin microUDFN package (2.5mm X 1.0mm). Samples are available now and are priced at US$0.30 each in quantities of 1000 units. Production is scheduled for the first quarter of 2010.
Source: California Micro Devices