Grayscale MD215MG Offers Out-of-the-Box DICOM Calibration, Image Uniformity, Protective Panel for Medical Imaging and PACS
NEC Display Solutions announced the addition of the 21-inch MultiSync MD215MG medical diagnostic display to the MultiSync MD Series. This 5-megapixel grayscale model is ideal for medical imaging and Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) in hospitals, doctor offices, urgent care centers and other healthcare facilities.
The MD215MG is a medical-grade monitor that includes technologies designed to make healthcare employees’ work more productive and reliable. It offers out-of-the-box DICOM calibration and the MDCHROMA5 calibration sensor for DICOM GSDF conformance. The uniformity control provides accurate imaging across the screen and monitors for any inconsistencies. The new MD215MG model offers a four-way ergonomic stand, built-in USB hub, DC power connection with an external power adapter and internal 11.9-bit lookup table (LUT) with 256 levels of gray for smooth images.
“The MD215MG offers our customers an excellent 5-megapixel product to integrate with their healthcare facilities,” said Art Marshall, Product Manager for Professional Desktop and Medical Displays at NEC Display Solutions. “With its protective panel, factory DICOM calibration and image uniformity technology, the MD215MG is a benefit to radiology departments and doctor offices that require a reliable, 5-megapixel grayscale monitor for accurate diagnosis.”
A partial list of features in the MultiSync MD215MG follows:
- 21” (21.3” VIS) widescreen P-IPS panel
- Factory calibrated to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 2560 x 2048 native resolution
- 1100 cd/m² brightness (400 cd/m² calibrated)
- Uniformity control provides accurate imaging across the screen
- Built-in ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the display’s brightness based on existing lighting conditions, reducing energy consumption
- 11.9-bit internal LUT with 256 levels of gray
- DVI-D input and USB hub
- Protective panel prevents accidental damage to the screen
- Medical certifications, including CE-MDD 93/42/EC, Ul60601-1 and FDA 510(k) pending
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MD215MG-S5 will be available in August 2011 at an estimated street price of $12,499, including the MDCHROMA5 sensor. The display ships with a 5 years parts and labor warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange, which is one of the best warranties in the industry.