Handheld Group announced the launch of the new version of its highly popular Algiz 7 rugged tablet computer. The updated Algiz 7 is considerably faster than its predecessor, with better storage capacity, improved security a nd quicker communication capabilities.
The ultra-rugged Algiz 7 tablet PC is small, light and fast, with multiple connectivity options and a wide range of functions, ideal for field workers demanding a super-durable product that is tough and powerful, yet light and easy to work with. The Algiz 7 meets stringent MIL-STD-810G military standards for withstanding humidity, vibrations, drops and extreme temperatures, and with its IP65 rating it keeps dust and water out as well.
The new Algiz 7, which starts shipping today, features the following improvements from earlier versions:
- A fast and powerful N2600 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel ATOM processor.
- More memory, with 4 GB DDR3 RAM.
- Better storage, with a 128GB SSD SATA II with recovery partition.
- Two full mPCIe slots for improved flexibility.
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 (Gigabit).
- Added data security with TPM chipset board (chip 1.2).
- An updated version of the wireless Gobi 3000 technology for higher communications speed.
- A 5-megapixel camera.
- Antenna diversity (two antennas) for improved coverage.
The Algiz 7 weighs a mere 1.1 kilograms and has a 7-inch widescreen touch display that features the new and unique MaxView technology, providing spectacular brightness in outdoor conditions – even direct sunlight. It runs the state-of-the-art Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate operating system. GPS navigation functionality is fully built in.
Like the rest of Handheld’s lineup of rugged PDAs, smartphones and mobile computers, the Algiz 7 is specifically developed for use in tough environments in industries such as mining, geomatics, logistics, forestry, public transportation, construction, utilities, maintenance, military and security.
The new Algiz 7 is available for orders and shipping immediately. The price point remains unchanged.