History lesson, boys and girls; everyone take their seats. In 1539, people were bored and poor. One day, Filius Giles of North Southwesteasternshire thought of a great way to pass the time. He took a chunk of lead (called a “pohtaytoh” by blacksmiths of the time) and heated it up. Gathering some friends, he dipped the pohtaytoh in lard with his tongs and threw it to his closest friend. The lard began melting away as each person threw it to another, hoping not to get burned by the “hot pohtaytoh.” Apparently, everyone had a blast, and the game has survived today.
And now Hot Pohtaytoh has evolved into the Shock Ball. The Shock Ball plays just like the classic game – with one major alteration. This ball doesn’t want you to win. It wants you to drop it and lose. And to get you to drop it, the Shock Ball (as you probably have guessed) shoots out random electrical shocks (and lights up to make the experience more enjoyable). If you can hold onto the Shock Ball, you will quickly become the Shock Ball Champ. And everyone will know you have nerves of steel and a very unique hairstyle (you know, from all the shocks). Shocking fun for everyone.
The Shock Ball is approx. 2.5″ in diameter,has an auto off function (for a modicum of safety), and uses 2 AAA batteries (not included).
Warning: The Product Emits An Electric Shock. Keep out of reach of children. Not suitable for those under the age of 14. This is a novelty item, not a toy. May interfere with electrical devices such as pacemakers.
Price: $14.99 Buy here: ThinkGeek.com
Godzilla size frame ATTACK!
When this 15″ Digital Photo Frame arrived at the ThinkGeek world headquarters of doom we thought to ourselves “That is one huge-ass photo frame”… and we’re thinking that you’re going to feel the exact same way when you’re viewing sumo wrestling snapshots from your Tokyo vacation from across the room without squinting. But hey big isn’t everything… you need to have the moves to back it up. Luckily the 15″ Gigantor Digital Photo Frame really delivers with a sharp 1024×768 resolution, built-in speakers, support for 8 different media types including USB thumbdrives, and MPEG Video & MP3 playback all at a reasonable-size price. While your geek friends are boasting about their paltry 8” photo frames… whip out this gigantor frame and shut them up in seconds.
- Displays digital pictures (JPEG or BMP) without a computer
- Cherry Wood Frame
- Simply insert a compatible memory card into the digital frame to show photos, play MP3 music or supported video files
- Display photos on a connected USB Thumbdrive or External USB Hard Drive (FAT32 Format Only. External hard drive must be powered separately.)
- Compatible memory cards include CompactFlash (CF), Memory Stick (MS), SecureDigital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Smart Media (SM) and XD
- Instantly plays MP3 music with the integrated speaker.
- Instantly plays MPEG 1, 2 or 4 Movie files with sound.
- Supports up to 12 Mega Pixel image files
- Bright 15″ TFT active matrix LCD screen
- 1024×768 Resolution
- Automatic slide show with multiple transition effects and display times
- Plays slide show with MP3 music in the background
- User-friendly on-screen display lets you access all controls easily
- Included IR Remote controlls all frame functions
- Powered by included AC Adapter 110-240V AC 50/60Hz